Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hunter Prininski
1. Line 435: "I say that you yourself are the very man your looking for."
I think that the blind prophet is saying that Oedipus is looking for something, and that something is going to be given to him by himself. What I think it is, is since the prophet is blind he is going to become blind or unable to see something that he must (I am referring to not seeing as not being able to comprehend or acknowledge.) Him becoming blind would probably be put on him by himself. Since the prophet says that "he is the man he is looking for" I think that he is going to think that it is for his own interest.

Line 421: "For the accused polluter of this land is you."
Teiresias is telling Oedipus that he is the cause of all bad in the land. Later on though, a revolution will happen, all against Oedipus because the citizens felt that he was the cause of all troubles.

Line 139: "They all died- except the one who was afraid and ran away>"
Creon was saying that during a revolution that is going to happen everything would die, or dramatically be changed, except the ones that flee the land in time.

2. I think that fate (while being compared to justice) is whatProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

he person who filed the punishes says it is. Because if the he wants a certain thing for the punished; like if he wins the punished fate is what he is given. Although on the other hand if justice is given to the punished then his fate was justice.

3. Oedipus: swollen foot
Avenging: to inflict harm in return for
Laurel: Any number of shrubs or plants

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work with the foreshadowing. You caught some important moments.

    ReplyDelete