1. line 72: "But when I count the days-the time he's been away-I now worry what he's doing. For he's been gone too long......". I believe this is still considered foreshadowing even though it turns out Creon is well. These lines still lead us to Creon's possible death.
line 41: "and freed us from the tribute we were paying to that cruel singer-and yet you knew no more than we did and had not been taught". I believe this shows that the this priest once believed Oedipus was a higher being but he knows no more that a mortal. The priest shows in this quote that Oedipus will meet a similar fate to the citizens
line 163: "you will see how I work with you, seeking vengeance for this land,.... This polluting stain I will remove". In this quote it is clear in the near future Oedipus will try to track down the killers.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment