1. The Blind Prophet- Line 359 "Although you can't see- you know how sick our states is."
The Blindness of the Prophet himself is a foreshadow of it's self. Later on in the story Oedipus becomes blind by stabbing his own eyes.
2. Line 444- "I say you are the very man your looking for."
Teiresias is simply stating that the man who killed the king was himself. While Oedipus was off trying to find the murderer he was to look at himself.
3. Line 339- "I say that with your dearest family, unknown to you, you are living in disgrace. You have no idea how bad things are."
This could mean many things but I think that Teiresias is just saying that he does not know who his family his, but he also does, and does not know what is going to happen. I think the prophet was predicting the suicide of Jocasta and the blinding of Oedipus.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment