One of Socrates's students Plato was born in 427 B.C. The only reason we know how great Socrates was is through Plato's writing. In 398 he traveled to Egypt. He returned in 387 B.C. to found the academy where people came to learn.
In 378 B.C. Things begin to change in Athens greatly. Athens formed the second most successful Confederacy. Property tax is also introduced in Athens.
2) In 356 B.C. Alexander the Great was born. This is important because he created the greatest empire of the ancient world.
The battle between Sparta and Thebes took place in 371 B.C. This was a powerful battle because it ultimately led to the Spartans defeat.
By 338 B.C. Philip of Macedonia becomes the ruler of all Greek City States. This is important because it shows the rise of a backwater state.
3) Our group believes that Philip the second was one of the main reasons Macedonia rose to power. He instituted a more powerful and disciplined army, and more powerful weaponry. He also helped on the political front. Slowly, Macedonia was becoming more and more powerful. Then, Alexander the Great came into power after Philip was assassinated. While Alexander was conquering, Macedonia was the most powerful state in the world. This was known as the golden age of Macedon. This did not last long however because when Alexander died the power was divided. The fractions of the empire slowly wasted away.
Bibliography-
http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?R_menu=OFF&Dir=characters&FileName=plato.php --This site is very reliable because they take the information from books made by established history authors.
http://www.worldhistory.timemaps.com/ancient-greece/fourth_century.htm -- This site is part of the curriculum online which makes me trust it.
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/aegean/timeline.html -- I trusted it because it listed only key dates.
http://wso.williams.edu/~junterek/philip.htm
http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?R_menu=OFF&Dir=characters&FileName=plato.php --This site is very reliable because they take the information from books made by established history authors.
http://www.worldhistory.timemaps.com/ancient-greece/fourth_century.htm -- This site is part of the curriculum online which makes me trust it.
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/aegean/timeline.html -- I trusted it because it listed only key dates.
http://wso.williams.edu/~junterek/philip.htm
About.com, I trust it for minor info because it has been right before
I trust it for minor info because I have used it before.
I trust it for minor info because I have used it before.
Arron and Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment